If you are a serious baker, and you haven’t already gotten your tickets for The Americas Cake & Sugarcraft Fair yet, you definitely need to see about making the time to get away and come!
There are going to be lots of great classes, big names, and of course we’ll be there too!
So in between stopping in to see our booth and seeing our frosting machine in action you can also attend any of the 75 hands-on classes and demonstrations that will be going on.
One of the ones I’m looking forward to personally is Mich Turner!
If you don’t know who she is, you definitely should. She was only 15 years old when she won her first cookery competition. From that early start, she just continued to excel!
Quick facts you should know before you go:
- At 17 years old, she was asked to decorate her A-Level lecturer’s wedding cake.
- She is known as “Cake Maker to the stars” thanks to her award-winning designs and celebrity clients including: Her Majesty The Queen, Madonna, Pierce Brosnan, Gordon Ramsey, and David Beckham just to name a few.
- She opened Little Venice Cake Company in 1999.
- She won the Harper’s Bazaar & CHANEL Entrepreneur of the Year award in 2006
- In 2010, she was awarded an MBE – or Member of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire – for her services to the catering industry.
- She had published 4 international award-winning books for cake baking.
Mich Turner is certainly one of the best cake decorators that you’ll ever get an opportunity to meet, and we’re excited that she’ll be at the fair.